BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Oooohhhh What a ruuuuussshhhh!


That was a highly enjoyable Wrestlemania XXV. Over 70,000 people to watch pro wrestling's biggest event. As much as I love TNA, they don't come close to the popularity of the WWE. Not even by a whisker.

Anyways, here is my Top 10 list of favorite wrestlers (not in order):
1. The Rock -- the People's Champ, the People's Eyebrow, Do you like pie? It doesn't matter! The best ever. No one has the best catchphrases!
2. Stone Cold Steve Austin -- Hell yeah!
3. Bret "the Hitman" Hart -- the best technical wrestler ever
4. John Cena -- Hustle. Loyalty. Respect. You can't see me!
5. Black Machismo Jay Lethal -- Oooohhh yeaahh!
6. Ricky "the Dragon" Steamboat - The Komodo Dragon was the coolest. Jake "the Snake" Roberts hasn't got anything on him.
7. The Dudley Boyz -- Devon... get the tables!
8. The Road Warriors -- Ohhhhhhhhh what a rushhh!
9. The NWO - Degeneration X sucks. Long live the original kings of mayhem.
10. Super Eric - Along with Curry Man and Shark Boy they formed some of the coolest teams ever in the Prince Justice Brotherhood.
11. Hulk Hogan -- How can I forget to take my vitamins and say my prayers? Hulk rules!

Wrestling Divas: Stacy Keibler, Melina, Mickie James, Lita, Kelly Kelly and ODB.

No comments:

Post a Comment