BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Thanks, John Paxson. Now you've really ruined this team.


I woke up this morning to find out that my favorite player on the Chicago Bulls team has been traded to the Sacramento Kings. I have three Bulls jerseys -- Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippen, and Andres Nocioni. I don't get too many NBA jerseys of players I root for but I thought that Nooch was a perfect player for the Bulls with his ability to score inside and out and do all the little things that Pippen and Dennis Rodman once gave the team. And how many players on that team can give that?

According to ESPN, the Bulls and Sacramento Kings have reached tentative agreement on a trade sending Andres Nocioni, Drew Gooden, Michael Ruffin and Cedric Simmons to the Kings for Brad Miller and John Salmons. Miller goes back to the team he once played for when they had elton Brand and Ron Artest; a team that could have been a champion team had not Jerry Krause got in the way.

I'm a Bulls fan and this is a tough one to take. I don't know anymore. It was like seeing Jordan and Pippen in other jerseys. Terrible. These guys should be allowed to play out their entire career with the team; not go anywhere else.

So what else is there? The New Orleans Hornets trade away Tyson Chandler (another former Bull) to Oklahoma City. Goodbye playoffs, suckers.

No comments:

Post a Comment