BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

This guy happens to be one of my favorite footballers



Didier Drogba isn't scoring goals like he once did for Chelsea. Obviously, the equation has changed for the Ivorian striker. Although I'm a Liverpool fan, I like to watch Chelsea because of Drogba and even John Terry.

Watching Drogba is like watching Thierry Henry and Ronaldinho. They're plenty creative with the ball and know how to boot that ball in.

I've always wanted to buy a Drogba kit of Ivory Coast but the only ones I can find are knock-offs.

No comments:

Post a Comment