BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Enter the Sandman


Oh, it turned out to be a Dream Match all right. For Manny Pacquiao that is. Not only did he pummelled Oscar De La Hoya into submission but now at the very least, he's $11 million richer.

He entered to Queen's "We Will Rock You." And he rocked the Golden Boy so hard that his knees almost buckled.

And after the 8th Round TKO, may I suggest that next time, he enter to Metallica's "Enter Sandman." Think of it. And Ricky Hatton... think about that and let that song stick in your mind.

Hey, Manny! Beware of all the wolves and the leeches as they come out of the woodwork.

And I'm happy that I got my fight preview spot on. And how. Go read it all over again. And it also appears in the latest issue of Maxim to boot.

http://bleachersbrew.blogspot.com/2008/11/pacquiao-vs-de-la-hoya-one-for-his.html

Congratulations, Manny! You did us proud all right.

Here's an old article I wrote way back in 2006.
http://bleachersbrew.blogspot.com/2006/08/pacman-country.html

No comments:

Post a Comment