BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Write now or forever hold your piece

I am done with the manuscript of the 2008 championship book. It's 100 pages long and that's just the text. That sort of explains why it's been tough to post here at Brew.

The foreword is by Chris Tiu and a surprise guest! With the pictures, I'd say we'd go about 120-140. Thanks to my comrades at Fabilioh for this!

The book -- can't tell you the title yet -- takes you back to to the seasons past and how it built for the 2008 title run. It's got a lot of back stories that are real cool. We interviewed a lot of people for this. And I mean a lot! Whew!

And I am convinced that Rico Maierhofer did not give the finger! No freaking way. Having said that... they still wouldn't have beaten us.

I previously solicited anecdotes that will be included in the book. Thanks to the following:
Denise Matias, Ailee Lim, Vinchi Cuyegkeng, Johann Fojas, Adrienne Gopoco, Darn Kho, Brian Zialcita, Crystal Rebucas, Nikki Albert, Trasienne Estrada, Allan Sio, Mhel Garrido, Michael Yu, Pia Ojeda, Rachel & Mia Geronimo, Jover Chavez, Mary Dizon, Jason EraƱa, Renee Zingalaoa, and Mai Ventura for contributing. Amazing amazing anecdotes!

If anyone wishes to send more, I need anecdotes not game recaps. Deadline is tomorrow (Wednesday).

What was I listening to when writing this:
'Til Tuesday, the Police, Trembling Blue Stars, Unrest, Versus, Plus Minus, Up Dharma Down, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, the Silversun Pickups, Sevendust, the Radioactive Sago Project, Prefab Sprout, Kula Shaker, Interpol, Death Cab for Cutie, Bloc Party, Explosions in the Sky, and Aimee Mann.

No comments:

Post a Comment