BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Closing Time

This morning (it's evening in Indianapolis) it ends where it all began for Isiah Thomas. The woebegone New York Knicks play their last regular season game at the Conseco Fieldhouse where Thomas began his coaching career.

Basketball has been extremely good to me. You can't be on top all the time, although I want to be. You've got to overcome the bad times and hold onto your dignity.

-- Isiah Thomas

I thought that Isiah did a good job early on with the Pacers but I'm amazed at how badly it spiraled out of control for him.

Find your peace, Isiah. We should have remembered you for your game.



No comments:

Post a Comment