BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

The Campaign to Conquer


Throw in some Yankees season tickets and a skybox. And how about a one-day contract in a pre-season game? After all, they did allow Billy Crystal his moment of pinstripe glory.

This early, there are a pair of websites that have been put up to entice and influence LeBron James to move from Cleveland to New York when his contract with the Cavaliers expires in 2010.

Now that it's somewhat impossible for Kobe Bryant to move to Chicago, maybe the Bulls and John Paxson will pull some megatrade deal. Heck, I'm starting a Manu Ginobili to the Bulls campaign.

No comments:

Post a Comment