BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Suspend your disbelief


Man, I remember ripping this off a magazine (the Doctor and Paulina Porizkova -- yes, I plead guilty to mangling the Swimsuit Issue of Sports Illustrated in the library) back in high school. I made it the cover of my notebook then.

You don't know what "fear the 'fro" is 'til you saw the Doctor play.

Hoop dreams are the Whirling Dervish, the Captain of the Philadelphia 76ers (in this pic he wore #32 coz he was with the New York Nets of the ABA whereas he used the #6 in the City of Brotherly Love) taking flight for an all-out assault on the basket.

And I hear Steely Dan groovin', "do it again."

No comments:

Post a Comment