BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Sacre bleu! What ees theez?

Some things seem to be eternally entrenched. Like French football and adidas. They've been partnered for 37 long years. It's a relationship that lasted longer than most marriages. In fact, they've been around for so long that they're more than old enough to vote.

Funny though I mentioned marriages... after yesterday, the three stripes lost out to the Swoosh which will be taking over after the 2010 World Cup. I understand it's a business, but that's like the German national team wearing Umbros. Or the Brazilian team wearing three stripes.

Hmm. Come to think of it. Zut alors! That's not such a bad idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment