BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Monday, October 15, 2007

Soundbytes from the Los Angeles Lakers' Season (that hasn't even started) On the Brink

Jerry Buss, Los Angeles Lakers owner on the possibility of trading Kobe Bryant:
"I would certainly listen. At any time, I think you have to do that with anybody. It's just part of the game, to listen to somebody who has a dissatisfied player that you think is going to fit. You can't keep too many loyalties. You've got to look at it as a business. He looks at it the same way I look at it."

Shaquille O'Neal upon learning of LA Lakers owner Jerry Buss' statement about trading Kobe Bryant
"I guess it's business before loyalty. But, wow. He said that?"

Kevin Garnett on comparing the Lakers' situation to that of his former team, the Minnesota Timberwolves, who weren't able to provide him with sufficient help.
"I knew I didn't want to deal with that. I didn't want to duplicate that. I didn't want to mimic that."

LA Lakers coach Phil Jackson on the whole mess:
"If we don't win and we don't play well, everything's not going to get better and it won't be if people can't get their hearts to what they have to do here."

No comments:

Post a Comment