BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Friday, September 28, 2007

UAAP news

No truth to Pido Jarencio leaving the UST Tigers. According to Fr. De Sagon, OP, it was more of an outburst intended for the team and not anyone else. According to the good Padre, the team along with Jarencio are in Iloilo right now for some R&R.

Brian Ilad's appeal for reinstatement was denied yesterday by the board. Sayang, dude. Well, there's always the PBL to look forward to. But I doubt if they'll let him play sa CCL since it's also sanctioned by UAAP.

The Ateneo alumnus who cussed out the refs and the commissioner during the ADMU-UST game has received a ban all the way up to Season 72.

Nike's My Game hoops movie will be shown either the 2nd or 3rd week of October. Stay tuned for more details.

No comments:

Post a Comment