BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Sunday, July 22, 2007

Countdowns

Some of My Memorable Sports Moments
1. Going to Cooperstown where the Baseball Hall of Fame is. Total fanboy moment here (took the bus from Port Authority).
2. Playing hoops with Steve Watson, Jojo Lastimosa, Gene Afable, Jet Nieto, Fritz Gaston, Chito Afable, Tito Panlilio, the Gabster Gabby Cui, and many of Ateneo's greatest hoops players on one Sunday morning at Acropolis
3. Watching Chelsea vs. AC Milan in the Meadowlands
4. Watching Gary Payton ball at Rucker Park
5. Playing at West 4th
6. Screaming myself hoarse in the Upper Deck of Yankee Stadium when Aaron Boone hit that series-winning home run to defeat the Red Sox in 2003
7. Seeing Dwyane Wade during his rookie season at the NBA Store in Fifth Ave.
8. Going to Wrestlemania XX (does this count?)
9. My pilgrimage to famous sports arenas in Philly, Boston, NYC, and Chicago
10. Going to my first World Series in Yankee Stadium

My Top North Carolina athletes
1. Michael Jordan
2. Lawrence Taylor
3. Marion Jones
4. Mia Hamm
5. Davis Love III
6. Vince Carter
7. Julius Peppers
8. Eddie Pope
9. BJ Surhoff
10. James Worthy

No comments:

Post a Comment